Thursday, June 2, 2011

Star Wars book caddy....

Sometimes, I come across something that just makes my jaw drop. I always think, "Now why didn't I think of that!!!" and quickly put it on my To Do list (which is growing ever longer).

So this is genius! Not only is this one thing genius, like everything on her blog is GENIUS! I am serious...this girl is talented. Shoutout to Brandy at Gluesticks. She made this for her kid and it was just what I was looking for.

We don't really have enough room for shelving or bookcases and my boys' books are always all over the floor. This was so easy. I followed her tutorial, but because I can't sew, I just used fusable webbing and it turned out just as great.
This one is for Jansen, who wanted yellow and black Star Wars logo.

Here is the one I made for Caleb's bunk bed.
He chose light blue and white Star Wars. Too CUTE. You can make this with any character, logo, ribbon, fabric...the possibilities are endless. Thank you so much Brandy for inspiring this space saver!!!!!!!


Linking to... (Check out my "Where I Party" tab!)

HookingupwithHoH

16 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love this and will be sure to NOT show this to my son or else he will want me to re-do his and make a cooler Star Wars one! It turned out great!

    Thanks for the shout out! :)

    Brandy
    Gluesticks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and super functional! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I especially like the black and yellow version. I'm putting this on my To Do list, too!
    --Jill
    jillmadeit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop over at Create with Joy!

    Your book caddies came out perfectly! Such a great project -- practical, fashionable and fun! As a child of the 70s, the Star Wars theme is one that is near and dear to my heart!

    So pleased to "meet" you!

    New follower,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great! My kids love Star Wars too, and even though they both have book shelves, I'm sure they'd want this is they saw it.

    I have to tell you that I love the name of your blog! So hilarious.

    Visiting from Creative Blogger Party and Hop. I'd love you to hop over and visit me too. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome....My boys are HUGE Star Wars fans and would LOVE these! I'm a little "behind" when it comes to some of this stuff...but what is fusable webbing? I don't sew either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa-There is a product that is in the sewing section of craft stores and it comes on a spool. You basically stick it in between the fabric that you would normally sew together and iron it. The webbing adheres it. Too easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Love that you made it a star wars book pocket too!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow and Yes, I am making this for my little boy! His room is teeny tiney but his love for books is HUGE!And his love for Star Wars, is too! thanks for the fantastic idea!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, this is fantastic! Definitely going on my to-do list...;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! My boys always have a hard time returning books to the book shelves because they have to stand them up. Maybe a caddy is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an awesome idea! I would love if you'd link this up at Sew Woodsy today at our What's Up Wednesday's link party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son is a huge Star Wars fan...he would love this. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I said this last week, but this is truly awesome! Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week. We hope you'll come back today and link up another craft project!

    ReplyDelete