Thursday, June 7, 2012

Family Vacation Planning

In a week and a half, we will be taking a week long trip (the first one in our camper) to Jellystone Park in Canyon Lake in the Texas Hill Country. Might I just say that I am very excited to be getting away, seeing the sites, and spending some quality time as our family of 4.

My husband has been working a shut-down at his plant since the end of March and I know he is just itching to get some R&R. I also know that he is a little bit nervous to take the camper out, being that it is our first trip with it, and he is the one responsible for setting everything up and making sure it all works. I am just in charge of packing everything we need and cooking for the week.

Originally we planned on leaving on a Monday and returning Friday, but Jellystone offered us an extra free night with the purchase of 4 nights, so we are going to take advantage of their generosity! Most of the supplies have been placed in the camper. The beds are made with sheets, blankets, and pillows. The bathroom is stocked with towels and washcloths. (although I will be making a few trips to the laundromat on site to keep fresh, clean towels). Kitchen plates, bowls, cups, silverware and utensils, and cookware has been stocked. Now, all that is left is to pack our bags of clothes, menu plan, and stock up all our food stuffs.

To help me out, I have made a list of meals and a supply list to take with us.


Now, onto planning our daily activities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment