There are so many things we can do in these hot summer months for next to nothing, and a few things that cost a bit more. I thought I would share a list of the activities we have planned for the summer:
- pizza and bounce houses at All Star Pizza
- splashing at the Splash pad
- picnics at the park
- making homemade popsicles
- camping out in the living room
- going to the Kid's Club while mom works out at the gym
- playdates at the rec center
- swimming at the pool
- summer concerts
- summer enrichment programs
- car/bike wash
- hopefully getting our pool cleaned and set up
- yogurt dates at Cherry Berry
- library reading program
- movies and $1 hot dogs
- working through the Fun with Mixing and Chemistry for Little Scientists book
- making homemade ice cream
- family vacation
- water gun wars
- teaching the little one how to ride a bike without training wheels
- teaching the little one how to tie his shoes
- horse therapy
- lego playdates
- beach adventures
- home scavenger hunts
- water trampolines
- creating a real life video game
- math tutoring
just to name a few.
The boys will be attending a not-so-inexpensive kids program at our local community college from 8am-12pm Monday through Friday in July. That is something we plan on them doing every year, regardless of the cost, just because they have some really awesome classes. Jansen has chosen to take Archery, Tasty Science, Sportsmania, and Drums and Guitars. Caleb is taking Archery, Drums and Guitars, Build it Yourself, and Rockin' Rockets. Super fun!!!
And for our family vacation, we will be leaving in two weeks, in our camper, to spend 5 nights at Jellystone Hill Country campgrounds. It is so inexpensive to camp, PLUS, when we booked 4 nights, we got the 5th night FREE!!!! We plan on spending a full day there, a day in San Antonio seeing the sights, a day in Gruene, a day at Canyon Lake and on the River. Vacation planning is almost as fun as the actual vacation.
Happy Summer everyone!!!!!