Friday, November 1, 2013

Storybook character day at school-Easy Curious George "costume"

Instead of having a Halloween experience at school, Polk had a storybook character day. Originally, Jansen wanted to be Captain Underpants, but then he realized that he didn't really want to wear his underwear on the outside of his pants to school. 

His second choice was Curious George. That I could do. But it was for 2 days later. I didn't have enough time to buy a costume and I didn't want to buy yet another one. 

I needed something he could wear all day to school, something that would be within dress code, and that he would actually wear. So I spent $7 at Hobby Lobby for a red shirt, some yellow, brown, and tan felt, and a headband. 



I came home and traced out the name "Curious George" on the yellow felt, cut it out, and glued it to the red shirt. Then I used the brown and tan felt and cut out monkey ears and glued them to the headband. It was that easy!

He looked pretty cute if I do say so myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment