Thursday, May 19, 2016


I passed my licensure exam!!!

Thursday night I finally got my Authorization to Test (ATT) which enabled me to go onto the Pearson Vue website and view testing locations and times. There was a spot available on Monday the 16th, so I took it!

My husband got a reservation at a hotel near the testing center in Bellaire and we dropped the kids off with their grandparents. He mapped out three different routes to the center in case of rain (which happened) and traffic. 

We arrived at the hotel, took a couple practice drives to the testing center to time it out, and then chilled out at the hotel for a bit. We ate dinner at the bar and shopped in the little gift shop. Josh found me this....

 I tried to go to bed early. I took a hot bath. I brought my headphones to drown out Josh's snoring and to listen to relaxing music. I took my nighttime meds. I still didn't get to sleep until after midnight...and I woke up several times but was up and at em at 5:45am. I threw on a sweater, brushed my teeth, pulled my hair into a pony tail, and we went downstairs to eat breakfast....of which I ate very little. 

The nerves were really getting to me. I prayed and prayed but I was just ready to get the show on the road. 

Josh dropped me off at 7am, which I found out was too early. But after waiting in the hallway, it was time! A group of us taking all different types of exams signed in, took our palm vein scans and photos, grabbed our headphones and began the exam. 

I tried not to look at the number of question I was on...just keep my focus, but when I finally looked up, I was on question 71. I told myself that if I was still testing at 76, I would take a break. After 75, my screen went blank and my heart sank. It seemed like a good thing, but I got so many select all that apply questions that I was very unsettled. 

Josh picked me up and we headed home. We were home by 10:30 and I sat on the couch, shell shocked. Then it was time for the 48 hour wait. It was long, it was stressful, it was nervewracking. But at 8am yesterday morning....I logged on to see this....

It is finished. All the hard work that I have done since deciding to begin this journey in the summer of's over. I passed the exam and I am an RN. It's surreal. I have a job interview next week and I put in another application with a place that is currently checking my references. I really hope that my license shows up on the Board of Nursing's website so that I can update that application. I've already contacted the HR department where I am interviewing next week. It's good to have options! 

No comments:

Post a Comment