Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ta-Da!!


This cake was a complete pain. Caleb was very specific that he did not want any type of border around any of the edges, thus no border. I learned a lot in my first foray into fondant work. I probably should have used fondant to cover the cake, but we like the taste of cream cheese icing...so that is what I did. There are several of family events that will be going on in the upcoming weeks so I will have the opportunity to practice and experiment. Anyway, Caleb loves the cake and that is what really matters.

The other cake was for a family party...triple chocolate fudge. Two huge thumbs up for how wonderful this turned out and was incredibly easy to make. Would have been even better with Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell Ice Cream!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment