Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas cupcakes....

Tonight, we are spending some Christmas-time with my parents, Nana and Pops. We will be celebrating by eating pizza...something I haven't eaten in months (low carb diet has been rough but I lost 12 pounds in a little over a month) and enjoying some dessert. 

I am in charge of providing birthday cupcakes for Jesus! Our youngest son was very interested in making a birthday cake, but was happy enough to make cupcakes because it was easier. Let's just be real...the holidays are crazy busy and I am all for taking some short cuts to make things more stress free.

So cupcakes it is. To dress them up a bit, I printed out some cute toppers I found HERE and glued them to some lollipop sticks I had left over. Man, I wish I had one of those circle punches. Cutting these out by hand is annoying and doesn't make them nice and perfect circles. Oh well....maybe next year :)

Strawberry with cream cheese frosting....



With 8 Christmases to attend, I will be cooking and baking a lot this week. Problem is, I don't have everything I need to make things. I am going to have to brave the madness tonight and go to the store to get supplies to make Mexican Layer Dip, 2 Strawberry cakes, a ton of snacks.

Happy baking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment