Friday, October 25, 2013

Red Ribbon Week- Elementary school style

This week was Red Ribbon Week for my youngest, who is in the 3rd grade. The focus for this year is more on empowering children to say no to drugs and focus on their future in education. Overall, I liked it, but am glad it's over. With me in school as well, and my children on two different campuses, I never realized how much I just loved to set a shirt and shorts out for the kids in the morning, without much thought. 

Anyway, Monday was "We are family at Polk!" and the children were to wear a Polk shirt or blue (our school colors). Jansen has grown out of his Polk shirt, so he wore blue...

Tuesday was "Education is the key to keep me drug free!" and they were to wear a Brazoswood High School or Clute Intermediate shirt.....

Wednesday was "We are dreaming of a bright future" ad the kids were to wear their favorite pajamas. Jansen got really into this with a new pair of pj's, a robe, and his sock monkey slippers...

Thursday was "Yes, I can have a bright future and be drug free." and they were to wear their favorite college or sport team jersey. Texans all the way!

And finally, Friday was "think of all that you can be when you stay drug free" and they were to dress up as what they want to be when they grow up. Originally, Jansen wanted to be a "vetitologist" which in Jansen-speak is a veterinarian. But he didn't want to wear scrubs, so his second choice was to work at Dow like his Dad. So my husband brought home one of his old work shirts and told me I could cut the patches off. We found a blue shirt, and glued the patches on. Then I made him a quick "employee badge" and he went as a Dow Chemical employee....




Fun week coming to a close. Next week is Red Ribbon Week at Clute Intermediate for Caleb, so we will start all over again...although they have different themes for each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment