Friday, October 31, 2014

Red Ribbon Week...Intermediate School Edition

This week was my oldest son, Caleb's Red Ribbon Week at his school.

Jr. High is so weird. They are all in this in between phase of still wanting to do things that the little kids do, but being too cool to actually show that they want to, and are not yet willing to embrace what they want.

The third day is missing because it was "dress like twins" and that just wasn't happening for Caleb. "I don't want to dress like someone else, Mom". Ok whatever...less I have to worry about, right?!

So Day 1...

Day 2...

Skip Day 3

Day 4...

And finally Day 5...

Caleb was wanting to participate, but only wanted to do so if other people were going to do it too. I guess I should be happier about that because that is a very "normal" thing for kids and is not something that children with Autism really think about. Own bubble and all...

It was easy enough this year. I didn't have to make some crazy outfit, because I really don't have tons of time. I need to stop saying that because my kids are important to me and even though I am swamped in nursing school, I will always make time for them and for things they think are important. But it's nice when I don't have to make anything. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment