Yesterday the kids and I baked candy cane blossoms for their teachers. We got the recipe off of the peppermint Hershey Kisses bag....have you ever had those???? They are delish!
Time consuming, but a really fun project to work on with the kiddos because there are a lot of things they can do to help. They can unwrap all the Hershey Kisses, they can sprinkle all the colored sugar on the cookies, and they can place the kisses on top. So their teachers are getting cookies decorated by them!
Anyway, here is the recipe on the bag...
* Hershey's Kisses
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 1/4 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 2 Tbls. milk
* red or green sugar crystals
* Heat oven to 350 degrees.
* Remove wrappers from the kisses
* Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
* Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and add alternately with milk to the butter and sugar mixture.
* Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
* Roll in red or green sugar crystals
* Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
* Remove from oven and let cool about 2 minutes.
* Press a candy piece into the center of each cookie and allow to cool completely.
So there you have it. They are super tasty, and fun for the kids to make. Festive holiday fun!