Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions???

It's a perfectly fine question. To resolute, or not to resolute. Really, I don't care one way or the other. I usually like to make goals...

My favorite goal of every year is to work to get out of debt. Do I honestly ever feel that we will get out of debt. No, I really don't. We really want to enjoy our lives and finances responsibly. I would hate to spend 8 years of my boys' lives scrimping and not going places just so that we can say that we are debt free.

Now, of course I don't want to go into more debt because of it...and I think we did a pretty good job of that in 2011. That said, we paid off 1 credit card and 2 medical bills. Steps in the positive direction.

2011 was also expensive, so we could have paid off more. But all in all, I am satisfied with how we spent our money.

This year, I would love to pay off our other credit card. The credit card debt is the stuff that drives me insane. Not the mortgage, not the car payments, not the loans...the credit cards.

This year, I would love to be more fit. Not necessarily lose weight, but just be healthier.

This year, I want to be more present. To not take things for granted...to not wish my life away, but really enjoy my moments. I am so blessed.

This year, I want to make decisions and stick to them. I am no longer wanting to apologize for the way I am...I am that way. I do not want to base my decisions based on what other people think or what I THINK other people will think.

This year, I want to create. Be creative. Really work on being creative. And encourage my children to be more creative.

This year will be a great year. The year of our 11th anniversary. The year of my 32nd birthday. The year that my boys will turn 9 and 7. The year that my hubby will be 35. The year that will be my oldest's last year in elementary school. The year that we make it! I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment