Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jalepeno cream cheese crescent poppers!

Today is the day! THE DAY! The first EVER playoff game for my Houston Texans. Let's take a little trip back in time....a trip back to those dog days of summer where I called it. That's right friends, I called the playoffs. Exhibit A ( more of my excitement for football ). And Exhibit B but I digress.

Behold, the most delicious, and easy tailgating item I have made all year. Well, I think it is delicious for sure!


You can do this too...have no fear. If you can roll up crescents, you can make these!

Here is what you will need:
  • 1 8 oz softened cream cheese
  • 1 4 oz can of diced jalepenos
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 roll of refrigerated crescent rolls, original or garlic butter. I used garlic butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl mix together about 3/4 of the cream cheese, 3/4 of the jalepenos, and sugar. Do a little taste test and add more of the cream cheese and/or jalepenos based on your taste.


Pull out the crescent rolls and divide them into 2 rectangles. Pinch the little perforated lines together and you might want to use your rolling pin to smooth it all out.
Smooth out half of the cream cheese mixture on each rectangle.

Now, starting at the longer end, gently roll together to form 2 logs.


Cut each log into 8 little discs.

Place them on a greased baking sheet, cut side up. Bake for 11-13 minutes depending on your oven.

These are totally delicious, and are super easy. They are perfect for tailgating...just watch out. If you don't pay attention, you might all of them and not even think twice.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, those poppers look delish! Second, GO TEXANS!! The only plans I have for today is watching the game!

    ReplyDelete