Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School!


Well, the day has come. It is finally the first day of school for the 2013-2014 year!

Boy, I have been both dreading and looking forward to this day for the past month or so. Feeling excited for Jansen as he gets to have his elementary school all to himself. Feeling scared for Caleb as he starts intermediate school, full of Autistic and non-Autistic nervousness. 


As luck would have it, it is pouring down rain today. I was able to drive Jansen to school and there was no drop off line! It was great. He jumped out of the car, smiled, and practically ran in, full of excitement. He was ready, even though he was complaining this morning as he woke. 


Caleb then moaned and groaned all the way to school. He was quite nervous, as was I, although we kept talking about how intermediate school would be so fun. He would be seeing old friends, new friends, and will be making all new memories. I was fine until Caleb got out of the car and started walking into the school. He grabbed the door, turned to wave to me, and my heart just shattered. I cried as I drove home, but I know he will be fine. I am just ready to go pick him up and see how his day went. 

Oh first day of school. It's so bittersweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment