Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble, gobble

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today I was out of the house for about 5 hours and I did ok. I did notice some additional swelling around my incision.

Do I feel a little better? Yeah. Can I sleep without taking a pain pill? No. AGH!

I have a list of questions to ask my PS on my next appointment on Monday, now that I am fully in my right mind and everything is healing.

This Sunday we are headed to the Texans game at big, bad Reliant Stadium. Originally, I thought this would be no big deal since the doctor said recovery time would take about 2-4 weeks. The game would be almost 3 weeks out. But what I didn't anticipate was the fact that results will take 6 weeks to 3 months and maybe more. Which means I may not be able to fit into anything for the game. I did brave a pair of jeans....I tried on a pair of jeans that the week before surgery, I could take off without undoing the button and the zipper. Yesterday, I barely got them over my hips and at least got them buttoned. Can you say SWELL HELL?????

My PS wants me to wear the binder for one more week and then switch to some kind of tummy control undergarments. So on Sunday, I think I am going to wear my Spanx since they go from mid thigh to just above the abdomen. That should give a good amount of compression in all areas of concern. And I am going to rest all day Friday and Saturday, and then all day Monday. Sunday will be a big day.

I am starting to feel some sharp pains under the skin as the nerves are regenerating. I only have soreness when I sit for too long or stand for too long. My chest is very sore, almost more sore than my tummy.

Tomorrow when Josh wakes up, we are going to start Christmas decorating. I think the only thing I am going to do is the tree and the mantle...I am just not up to doing much more than that. And bonus, Josh gets to go into the attic this year and get everything down, not me! Silver lining!!!

Here's to falling asleep before 2:30am!! Please oh please let me fall asleep before midnight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment