Monday, March 26, 2012

A special birthday for a special boy

I love my kids' birthdays!

As a child, my mom always made a big deal of birthdays. She always had a cool cake, we always had special breakfasts, and we did anything I wanted just for my day.

Kids grow so fast, and I want them to have those same special memories on their birthdays. Today my oldest son turns 9. This is his last year in the single digits. As I put him to bed last night, I hugged him as tight as he would let me and told him, "This is the last time I will see you as an 8 year old. When you wake up in the morning, you will be 9! A final, I love you to my 8 year old boy."


Ah.......bittersweet. I simply cannot believe that this precious, tiny baby is now a big 9 year old boy!



This morning he was greeted to balloons and streamers!

This morning he had birthday cinnamon rolls with sprinkles!

This morning he went to school for the first time as a 9 year old!


This afternoon, Nana and I ate lunch with him at school!


This afternoon he came home to goodies!





This evening he ate at his choice of restaurants!

This evening, I was able to say "I love you, good night!" for the first time to my 9 year old!

Life is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment