I wanted to put something together for her, but couldn't really decide what to do. Do I send flowers? An edible arrangement? Some chocolate covered strawberries? A gift card? Hmmmmmm....
Well this afternoon, I thought of a survival basket. So I went to the store and bought some useful things and some just for fun things to put in a basket to give to her.
Here is what I put in there and what the labels say:
- A plug in air freshener-to keep your office fresh and clean
- Highlighters-to remind you of the highlights in your day
- Rubber bands-to help you stay flexible when things do go as you planned.
- Notepads-to help you remember what is important
- White out-to white out problems you don't feel like solving
- Starburst-just because you love them
- Sonic card-for days when you need a drink
- Paper clips-to help you hold everything together
- Gum-to help you stick to your goals
- Erasers-to help erase all your fears
- Glitter polish-because.....why not?!
Yay! I hope she has a wonderful first day at her brand new job. I hope she is happy there. I hope she finds some emotional comfort in a more relaxed pace. I hope she loves her boss and her new co-workers.