Friday, June 6, 2014

It's the end of the year, and we know it!

the 2013-14 school year is officially over. 

Dear sweet baby Jesus, thank you so much!!!!!!

This week has been crazy busy as usual. Jansen is a school hater, and Caleb is a school lover. It has been an incredible rollercoaster of emotions in our home. 

It was a bit weird for me though. For the past 5 years, I have been super involved at school, and this year I just wasn't feeling it as much. It may be that saying about the oldest child getting all the attention, the second child getting a bit short changed, and then all subsequent children are just flat out on their own. 

But my first kid is Autistic. I have had to put a crap load of effort into him. So needless to say, I was in it for him. 

Then he went to intermediate school and for the most part, they are pretty parents-hands-off. It was actually a bit of a relief. I was only at his school about 4 times this year. 

So I was looking forward to spending quality time at the school with my youngest child as he completes 3rd grade. 

I have been at his school more the last week than the whole year. Winner mom, right here. But a part of me knows that he is so much more self sufficient, independent, and overall...he loves me at home, thinks I am the bomb.com, but is too cool for me or school in public. 

That said, I have enjoyed my time spent with only him. 

Here's the low down of the last week in our home. 

We had award ceremonies for Caleb (who got a citizenship award and another year of perfect attendance)


and for Jansen (who got A/B honor roll, another year of perfect attendance, and Math Facts Champion). 

I spent time with Jansen at Field Day. It was a half day for him because he was just ready to go home after that. 






We took pictures and compared them to the first day of school...

And finally, I spent the morning with Jansen doing "last day" things. We handed out prizes....




He won a gift card at the end of year prize drawing....

He took pictures with teachers....


I goofed off with friends a bit....ok, a lot!










And we celebrated the principal, who will be leaving our district this year. Sniff, sniff. It was a great two years!



I picked up Caleb early from his school because he was quite upset. Every year he cries. He HATES the end of school, and I love that about him. So we took a quick trip to the mall to have lunch and celebrate with some end of year goodies. 

We are tired and looking forward to what this summer can bring for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment