Friday, June 20, 2014

Powell Family Cozumel Cruise 2014

We just got back from a week long vacation and it was actually quite refreshing. 

We spent four days on a cruise to Cozumel and then spent the next 3 and a half in Bandera visiting the hub's parents. 

First and foremost, the cruise. Easily the most smooth, relaxing, and enjoyable cruise we have been on. Our kids were old enough to check themselves in and out of the camps and only needed a walkie talkie to communicate with us. We were able to spend plenty of time together and then avoid the whining of boredom by letting them go do their own thing. It was great. 

This was our first time in an Ocean Suite (because kids sail FREE) and holy crud! It was like an apartment. In a room with all that testosterone, Momma needed a space of her own, and she got it! I had my own large dressing area and closet. Can I get an AMEN?!




We spent our time eating, playing games, watching shows, going to the comedy club, exploring, and just relaxing. That's the sign of a great vacation!

























When we got to Cozumel, the weather could not have been better! We spent our time at Mr. Sancho's all inclusive resort. We swam, we ate, we shopped, and we rode jet skis. 



















Incidentally, if you know anything about me, you know that my greatest fear is sharks and water. I took Caleb with me on the jet ski because he was scared and I would go slowly. I sent a bit too slow in a turn, and he leaned into it, and we flipped the jet ski. There we were, treading water in the middle of the ocean. I thought I was going to die. But I kept my cool to keep Caleb nice and calm. We were picked up and it was all good!

After getting back to port, the loaded up the car and hit the road for a 5 hour drive to Bandera to visit the in laws. 

I was a little hesitant because Bandera is so remote and country and I am a city girl, through and through. But we had a great time. 




























The kids spent time at the water park, they flew airplanes, we toured the surrounding towns, and enjoyed spending time with family. 

Now that we are back home, I am drowning in laundry and am trying to get the house back in order. Not to mention, I gained a ton of weight on this cruise, so I am starting back on Atkins. 

Here's to life back at the good old homestead.

No comments:

Post a Comment