Tuesday, July 9, 2013

San Antonio Weekend

My family went with my friend's family on a weekend trip to San Antonio, compliments of our children, who made the Reading Team at school and got a free ticket to Fiesta Texas. 

I don't have a lot of time this summer since I will be starting summer school in a few days, so we made a quick trip up there to enjoy some family time. 

In the first 10 minutes of the drive, Jansen fell asleep leaning on his pool noodle light saber. 

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Northwest San Antonio, unpacked and got ready to explore the town. Our first stop was Monster Mini Golf. 








This place was really fun...all black lights, really great music, arcade games etc. The kids had fun and I know the parents did as well! Oh how I wish we had a place like this in our town. We really need activities!

We headed back to our hotel to do a little night swimming and the pool was packed. But what can you expect from a hotel that is 5 minutes away from Fiesta Texas and it is a holiday weekend?! The kids were out in less than 5 minutes...

and then my husband raided all their golf winning candy...


Saturday morning we woke up, ate our free breakfast at the hotel and boarded the shuttle van to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. We were prepared with sunscreen, portable fans, towels, etc. A little tip: Rent a locker! It was so worth it to be able to drop off all of our extras and just have the kids' cinch sacks as needed. 



Also a tip: take children that are not scared to ride rides like mine. There were many more rides that I, as an adult, would have liked to go on, but we were there for our kids, so we did what they wanted. We rode the train...



we rode the log ride...

we rode some baby cars...


my friend and her daughter rode the swings...

we rode the Gullywasher...




we saw a show....

we got unlimited refill drink cups which I highly recommend...

we met some characters....


we went to the water park....it was hot. It was blistering hot, but we loaded up on sunscreen and stayed hydrated. I think it was extra packed because we went on a Saturday during a holiday weekend. Had we gone on a Tuesday, I am sure it would have been much less crowded. 

After we lugged all of our stuff back to the hotel, we showered and headed out to Sumo, a Japanese restaurant. 







There was a lady making balloon animals, which seemed to be the highlight of our kids' trip. 

The next morning we all slept in, took our time getting dressed and packing up and headed into town to eat at Lulu's...home of the 3 pound cinnamon roll. 





This was Jansen's idea. He loved it. The food is extra huge and extra delicious. Somehow, my friend's husband ordered the largest steak and ate the whole thing!!! I was incredibly amazed!!!!


It was a quick, fun filled, heat filled, friend filled, chaos filled, laughter filled, yelling filled, anxiety filled, bliss filled weekend, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment