Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!! I am so thankful to live in the United States so that I can exercise my right to freedom of speech!!!! And thank goodness our flag has attractive colors on it...from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

Still on the search for things that Jansen is interested in. It's an incredibly short list of one thing: COOKING. Oh how I hate to cook. I am so bad at it, don't enjoy it, am not interested in learning...but I am always interested in watching the cooking shows like Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef. :) That is probably the epitome of oxymoronic. Since I am an awful cook (yet I cook three meals a day, almost every day of the week), I bake. I can at least teach Jansen how to bake desserts. He pretty much has the hang of following the recipe and dumping everything into the mixer except for eggs. We are not at that point yet. So let's show off his mad decorating skills, shall we...
He was very proud, which makes me very proud.

I got to decorate the other 6, and needed to use up some leftover fondant, so here are my 6....

Happy Birthday America!!!! (PS, we need better health care....just a suggestion :) )

1 comment:

  1. Those look awesome!!! (yours AND Jansen's! Just think when he gets older you won't have to cook at all!

    ReplyDelete