Thursday, July 15, 2010

Marble magnets

Oh how I wish I could be one of these amazingly organized homeschooler moms, but I have come to the realization that it is just not in my blood. I have tried, and failed...and this is just a summer curriculum. Summer was trodding along until Caleb broke his arm and now most of our plans are canceled.

With that, we are trying desperately to keep ourselves busy....

Making hot dog cookies...

Going to the library for the reading program...

Me buying a few new things for our cruise in November...

And so today we are making marble magnets. Now that we have completed round one of using pretty much what we had around the house (minus the cost of the magnets), we can get really creative with different sizes of marbles, various pictures, etc. So I expect our second batch to be phenomenal!!!!

This one is my favorite because I just LOVE this pattern and love the way the marble magnifies it!!


On a side note, I have been working on a project involving the doors to those shelving units my mother so graciously donated to me. It has taken me two weeks, and they are 80% done! Whoop!!!!

And, I have decided on a cake design for my parents' anniversary next month, as well as one for my wonderful husband's birthday in September. Can't wait to try it. The kids will be super involved in the one for my parents....candy themed (thanks to another blogger that I will credit whenever it is complete and posted ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment