Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sugar high...

This week, I have returned to school...for fun. My cousin and I decided to team up and take a cake decorating class. So far it has been really fun.

At first, I was a little hesitant, but once we started, we have had a great time. The first day we practiced with buttercream using all the different tips, many of which I have been using for a while. But the teacher gave us a lot of tips and hints on how to make different patterns that I would have never gotten on my own.

The next day we made royal icing and practiced making flowers, coloring it, and striping icing.

Here is my first royal icing rose...

We also planned out the design of the cake we will be making the last day and started working on the fondant pieces. One of the girls in my group is making her husband a Bud Lite birthday cake...it looks really cute. Another girl is making an Octoberfest cake with beer, pretzels, and sausage on a stick. :)

Hopefully mine will turn out ok, and pictures will be posted later in the week. It's really fun to learn something new and meet new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment