Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thrift store goodness...(and a what I wore Wednesday)

Since I have lost some weight and had a little cosmetic surgery....not many of my clothes fit anymore. Before Christmas, I went out and purchased a handful of jeans and long sleeved shirts. But now that Spring is in full swing in South Texas, short sleeves and shorts/capris are needed. I have one pair of shorts and NO capris....and a camping trip in a week and a half.

Today I made a quick trip to our local thrift store. Now, I love this place. Really, I do...but it is truly hit and miss. Usually, I can find something 2 out of the 5 times I go there and today was one of those 2 times :)

I left the store with three shirts, a pair of capris, and a necklace for $15!!

Here is my loot...

A pair of Lee capri pants and a Merona top, each for $3

An Old Navy shirt for $3

A Covington ruffle, sleeveless blouse for $3. I *heart* polka dots...

And this cutie patootie necklace for a whopping $1

Now I have some things that I can wear camping, and a cute blouse for date night, and I didn't break the bank!!!!

And finally, I have seen tons of bloggers who participate in the What I Wore Wednesday challenge each week. I and going to start it as well....but next week. Basically each Wednesday, I will post a blog with pictures of each outfit that I wore that week. Hopefully, this will motivate me to achieve one of my goals of getting fully dressed every day. Too often, I find myself cooking dinner in my pj's at 5:30 in the evening. I am sure the hubs doesn't want to come home and see me slumming it over a hot stove.

So for today, I will post a picture of what I wore today, and next Wednesday will have Thursday through Tuesday. Without further ado...today's attire...


Shirt: Old Navy Jeans: Old Navy Shoes: Yellow Box Earrings: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment