Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lego thumbtacks and a science project

Craft project for the day for the kiddos????
This helped me clean out my junk drawer. I found 5 thumbtacks, 5 Legos, 3 magnets, and a hand full of rhinestones. The magnets and rhinestones will be addressed later, but Caleb really wanted some cool thumbtacks.

Ok, so glue the tack to the Lego brick....done deal. Even my little kids could do that!
We are also instating a Summer Homeschool program at our house in the mornings. The kids and I are at our best in the mornings before lunch, so we are trying to get up, eat breakfast, get dressed, and get started. Caleb desperately craves a routine and HATES when school is out. So by lunch time, we are done and can enjoy the day!

Today, we did some math, writing, and started an 8 week long science project entitled: Caleb and Jansen's Sweet Potato Vine Science Project. We learned how to look up instructions on the internet, followed several steps to set up the experiment, and some basics of measuring and documenting. Here is the information sheet on the fridge....The boys will take turns taking a weekly picture and measuring vine growth, and then will put together a chart of their choice in 8 weeks, when the experiment is over and we are ready to plant it.

UndertheTableandDreaming

Todays Creative BlogStay at Home </u></font></div><div><font class=

17 comments:

  1. Love those Lego thumbtacks! They are really cool!
    And I hope you will post the sweet potato vine pictures when the project is finished! I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those thumbtacks are great! I wonder if my boys would notice if I snagged some of theirs?
    Visiting from Tatertots and Jello

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those thumbtacks how cute come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute! I'm stopping by from the Sunday Showcase party. I would love for you to link this up to My Favorite Things party! It's going on all week,
    & be sure to check out my giveaway too!
    Thanks
    ~Iffy~

    www.stayathomenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those thumbtacks are cute! You did a great job! First time here and loved your space. Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! My son LOVE Legos and he has a bulletin board...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lego thumbtacks! and your summer homeschool sounds like fun!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect project for random little things!

    Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters!
    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/06/calling-all-crafters-13th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your thumbtacks are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those thumbtacks are super-adorable!!! Bookmarking.
    --Jill
    http://jillmadeit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know I featured this on my site today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great idea! My son would LOVE those!

    Found your site through Making the World Cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER cute! I think it'd make a cute back-to-school gift for teachers or even college students too!

    Saw you at Dittle Dattle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. way cute idea! i love them. i just love fun thumb tacks:) i would love for you to share this at my link party goin on now.
    thanks
    xo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to check out anything Lego! Thanks for the great idea for my son's room. Love the science project too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute way to use lego's yoou have me thinking out making magnet legos! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.
    Crystal
    www.chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete