Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine Oreo treats

For Jansen's class Valentine's Day non-party (they can't call it a party) I decided to make dipped Oreo's.

Seriously, if you are looking for something really easy that still packs big punch...this is the treat for you! Lazy moms...errr, BUSY moms unite!!!!

Ok, here is what you will need:
  • Oreos
  • chocolate melts (white, milk, or dark...totally up to you)
  • Valentine sprinkles

If you are looking at the Oreos and notice a gap in the cookies, yes, I did eat one. It was broken, alright??? SO I ate it.


Melt the chocolates according to the directions either in a double boiler or in the microwave. I am a microwave woman.


Drop your Oreos in the chocolate until they are covered and then I fished them out with a fork to let the excess chocolate drip off.


Set them onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and sprinkle with Valentine's sprinkles.

Pop them in the refrigerator for a while to set, and they are done. Super cute. :)
Tomorrow I will be working on dipped rice crispy treats. Same theory, almost the same process, just another kind of sugary sweetness.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea.
    And I'd probably eat a few while making them :)

    ReplyDelete