Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Rice Crispy Treats


Yummmmmmm

Who doesn't love rice crispy treats?

And who doesn't love chocolate?

These were so difficult not to eat as I made them.

And PS, I cheated. I made them the ultra easy way. For the life of me, even though I can bake really well, I have never been able to get my rice crispy treats to turn out right. They are either too dry, or way too gummy. My original plan was to go buy one of those Rice Crispy Sheets that I saw at Walmart around Christmas time, cut out hearts, and dip them in chocolate.

Well, Wallyworld...I am disappointed. I try my best not to go there unless I absolutely have to, and the day that I went just to buy the Sheet....you didn't have any. But, you did have a giant box of 40 individually wrapped rice crispy treats for $8.

Done deal! They were already the perfect size and I only needed 24. The kids can have the rest of them for their lunches.

So I unwrapped each treat, melted some chocolate, dipped half in, threw some sprinkles on the top, and put them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper to refrigerate for about 20 minutes.

PERFECT!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great easy treat for a party on the quick! Love that you added those sweet little V-day sprinkles so cute!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete