Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lego balloon weights

Thank you, oh sweet Freecycler who was offering 11 mason jars and picked me to gift them to!!!!

Yay! Today I picked up 11 mason jars (from a fellow Freecycler) that will be transformed into Lego party balloon weights. Each jar will have a freshly painted lid (in black, red, blue, yellow, and green), will be filled with various size legos (duplo or lego...really, it's whatever I can find at garage sales because Lego sets are dang expensive), will have a piece of twine and a balloon tied to them, and they will placed all over our house for Jansen's party.

I tried a couple out with black lids (because that is what color I have on hand) and with two different types of legos (because that is all we have right now).

Here is the one with the duplo blocks...


And here is the one with regular legos....


I would prefer to have ones with regular legos, but I am honestly not too picky. We are going to need a TON of legos so in the upcoming weeks, I will be scouring garage sales and thrift stores for whatever I can find.

These are going to look so good with the balloons tied to them. :)
And the best part is, that the boys will be playing with these Legos for years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! We are planning a Lego party for next weekend! I'm enjoying seeing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete