Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sneak peak #2

Today I was able to work on the accent wall I have been planning for about two hours off and on. It is amazing how a job that should only take an hour, can taken double or triple that time when you add children to the mix.



I have been wanting to do something with this wall since we moved in almost 4 years ago.

Within the last few months, I have been looking at inspiration rooms, hoping to find a pattern that was interesting without being too fussy.

Last night, I found it and I love it. That's right. Love, true love.

Tonight, I finished much as I could without a ladder. Our ceilings are so high and I am dreading being up there without holding on. I need both hands to trace with this stencil
.

Can you see the light pencil tracing???

It is surprisingly relaxing once you get in the groove of tracing, but it is still pretty tedious. I cannot imagine having the patience to do this in a whole room.

Anyway, that is where I stand. Tomorrow is such a busy day, I am hoping to get all the tracing done and MAYBE get to the store for a small can of high gloss paint. I think the extra shine will give it that little something special.

1 comment: