Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New-to-me car

My car is disgusting. I mean, really. I purchased my Honda Pilot in February of 2009 after I was in an accident and my Honda Odyssey was totaled. We got a good deal on it as it was used and had some minor blemishes.

I really liked that car but the windshield was cursed. Every rock that hit it, broke it. It was cracked almost all the way across, which drove me crazy. My super clumsy child, Jansen was 4 when we got that car and spilled more than 100 sodas, sno-cones, and ice creams in that car. It was in rough shape. 

My husband and I have been talking about trying to trade it in for a while now. We finally got the payments down to where we thought we could just make an even trade in for it...but we didn't want to hold our breath. Also, since I will hopefully be starting nursing school soon, we wanted a bit newer car, maybe smaller, that would reduce our payments. 

So today, Josh and I went to Houston to look at a few cars. We ended up at Car Max and test drove the Chevy Equinox, the Kia Sorento, and the Hyundai Santa Fe. We agreed on the Equinox and began that tedious car buying process. 

We just wanted to pay off my Pilot. Once we crunched the numbers, the deal was looking good and we were headed home. We had to leave before they could even clean up the car for us, because we had to go pick up the kids from school. 

Getting used to another car will take some time, but I am sure I will enjoy driving this car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment