Monday, April 25, 2011

Laundry room makeover...fail...

Ok, so I have done a couple of things to this tiny, awkward little laundry room. My plan is reds and greens with accents of cream.

So what was once this cabinet door....

is now a red and cream hanger for my boys' backpacks. (The cream is the same Oops Color I found for $1 that I used for my living room accent wall.)

This I am happy about.

Here is the unhappy part..... the green

As you can see, we went from the builder grade beige at the top, to a minty green from Lowes...Valspar. First let me say, I love me some Valspar paint. It is by far, my fave brand. This is totally user error. I got a free sample from Valspar (thank you, thank you, thank you) and chose what I thought was going to be the PERFECT shade of green.

Um, no.

It is actually not green enough. This would be a beautiful color in a nursery, but for the laundry room....it is a no-no.

This week, I will be making a trip to my local Lowes (shout out to Lowes for your awesome home supplies) to look at shelving and brackets for my cabinets. I am praying that someone will have made a shade of green that they are hating and leave it there for me to snatch up and run home with. Stay tuned for color #2.....

7 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!! What is the design made of? It looks kinda like metal is why I am asking...hope you can stop by my blog sometime!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you painted the detailed panel. That is a fun shade of red! It really pops.

    It is a nice green... and it is hard to tell on my monitor but it does look a little minty. Maybe a warmer / yellower green would complement that red better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesnt walmart do oops paints too????

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Wal-Mart (Georgia) does.. But it is usually only 1/2 price so no where near as chaep as HD or Lowe's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative projects here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? I hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete