Monday, April 18, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Ideas...

Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2-6!!!!

I am in charge of the school's Teacher Appreciation week this year. Last year we were able, through amazing parent participation, to serve all the faculty and staff lunch each day that week.

We had each grade sponsor a day, and then broke the dishes down by teacher within each grade. So for example: Monday-Mexican(4th grade) Tuesday-Italian(3rd grade) Wednesday-Salads(2nd grade) Thursday-Potluck(1st grade) Friday-Desserts(Kindergarten).

This year we are planning the same thing, plus a little Teacher of the Day time during the morning announcements. Each day, a teacher's name will be drawn and that teacher will then be the TEACHER OF THE DAY and will receive a $20 gift card.

Since I have two children in public school now, I have twice the fun putting together something for the teachers. Instead of giving gift cards, which is what I did last year...I wanted to do a little something for both of my childrens' teachers each day of the week.

After browzing the web and coming across this SITE (which is full of great ideas, not just teacher appreciation ideas....so go there NOW), I put together one small gift for each day.

If you only see 4 days worth and think to yourself, "She needs to go back to school...there are 5 school days and only 4 gifts..." I know. I made some goldfish tags that will be put on some goldfish bags. The store didn't have the flavor I wanted to buy in stock, so I have to wait. :)






All in all: inexpensive, easy to put together, and something each teacher can use. We are in a recession...remember :)

28 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! What a great idea for Teacher gifts.

    I wanted to thank you for participating in the Hump Day Hoorah at my blog last week. A new Hoorah is now up and I'd love it if you joined in. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideas are fantastic! WOW! I work in a middle school and I wish you were a parent here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the link back to our site. Love the projects you did and makes me feel great that others are jumping on the bandwagon to show how much we appreciate our kidlets teachers! I know they will be so grateful for your generosity.

    Great job!!!

    Kindest,
    Mary Beth
    http://www.nothingbutcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas! I've been trying to figure out myself what I should make for Teacher Appreciation Week.

    http://btanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally copying this idea! Glad they don't have the same teachers haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. teachers appreciate such items because they use them and often have to put out their own money to get them

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are all such great ideas! I'm sure all the teachers loved ya :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!! Hope to see ya again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stopping by from HoH... very clever! Malia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amber~

    These are great ideas!! I am active with my kiddos school PTA, I just love your ideas. Thanks for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing such a fun idea. I loved it so much I had to share it on Shout Out Sunday-Teacher edition.

    http://kimskandykreations.blogspot.com/2011/04/shout-out-sunday-teacher-edition.html

    I'll be stopping by to see more great ideas. Can't wait! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What tag did you put with the gold fish?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anonymous...The same blog I got the other printable from....She has some amazing ideas. Here is the link that I used for the goldfish...
    http://www.nothingbutcountry.com/2011/04/o-fish-ally-the-best-teacher-appreciation-2011/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So great! As a teacher, anything practical and useful is wonderful. Love the families for thinking of us, but if I get one more stuffed animal or coffee mug... (especially since I don't drink coffee). Pens, post-its, paper clips, staples - all great gifts for teachers. One year we each got a ream of paper; it was one less I had to pay for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute and unique gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry idea not ideas.

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much for the idea for this years Teacher Appreciation week. Looking forward to spoiling my girls teachers with your wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the best ideas I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to have the printables for these great teacher appreciation gifts. Do you have them typed up? Thanks, Diedra jcotphoto@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered the same thing about the printables. =) I am not very creative.

      Delete
  18. I wish I had printables made out for these but I don't. The red apple printouts are not mine, but I did link to that in the post. The other ones I just typed up in word and played with the fonts until I liked it. Sorry guys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As an elementary school teacher....LOVE it! We like consumable, simple things (especially office supplies!). These are useful and we don't want our kids to feel like they have to spend $$ on us. Good job, your kids' teachers are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I featured you on my blog! Thanks for the great ideas! http://kirstikoo.blogspot.com/2012/05/last-minute-teacher-appreciation-gifts.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. After browzing the web and coming across this SITE, idea is clear to, Send gifts to Pakistan from UK.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a teacher. I received some of these last year. It was so great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you have some collection or ideas for Send gifts to Pakistan to my family. I think you collection about teacher appreciation was informative for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are really cute! I'm using them for our office secretaries and my daughters teacher this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete