Saturday, June 8, 2013

End of Year Teacher Luncheon

My final responsibility before handing over my President lanyard was to host the end of year Teacher Luncheon for the Polk staff as well as the retired staff. 

Once all the kids had left, and the teachers were finishing up cleaning out their rooms, we provided them with lunch and some raffle prizes. 

Thanks to the PTO moms who helped me set everything up and take everything back down! 

It turned out really cute. 

Earlier in the month, I printed out some cute teacher sayings and put them in dollar store frames. 

These went on the tables along with some primary colored paper chains.

I also created a teacher sign...

which was the backdrop to the food table.

Another PTO mom created the banner for Teacher Appreciation and we used it again here.

We made a rainbow backdrop for the dessert table using dollar store rectangle table cloths and white paper and balloons for clouds. 


I made the POLK banner across the front of the table and included a couple of cute panda faces on them. The cupcakes had primary color sprinkles and I basically decorated them with one eye closed since I was so tired. But they were still cute. 

Our principal always gives out bells to those teachers who are retiring or are leaving and she also had each teacher write descriptive words on papers to describe each outgoing teacher. I though that was a really neat idea. 




It was catered by Bella Roma, who provided a pasta trio (lasagna, fettucini alfredo, and chicken parmesan), bread, salad, and salad dressing. It was delicious!


We decorated the gym in primary colors and I baked a bunch of cupcakes for dessert. I am happy to be able to provide the teachers with a hearty meal and give them a chance to relax and enjoy themselves before school ends for them!


Thank you to these ladies for helping me set all of this up!




No comments:

Post a Comment