Monday, September 27, 2010

More Fall decor....

Honestly, Fall is not my favorite. I don't usually go all out to decorate in Autumn colors. Christmas, on the other hand....well....we border on Griswold. LOVE!

So I put up a few little things this year that will take us through Thanksgiving evening, when I take all the Christmas decorations out of the attic and start up the Doris Day/Barry Manilow Christmas medley music. Yep, I am awesome that way!

I hit up the dollar store this morning so get a couple of things, and picked up just a few Fall goodies. One of the things I found was this little gem....

I ripped off the twine and replaced it with a piece of brown ribbon that came from my Walmart purchase last week.

They tied that box together with some cute ribbon...and I am going to use it in a bunch of projects. I love to reuse the packaging!!!

Then I hot glued it to a white plate I had and put it in the kitchen. I LOVE it!!!


AND, today I finished up my mantle.

Something simple, but super cute. It passed the Jansen test, so I am definitely keeping it. He came into the house from school and yelled, "OH MY GOSH, I LOVE THE PUMPKINS!" That is all the validation I need :)

The raffia pumpkin was from the dollar store, as well as the pumpkin basket, and is mixed with the small boxed pumpkins from Walmart.

The "BOO" sign was made using some frames I had in the closet and by printing out the letters in different fonts. Simple and FREE!!!

PS I keep that picture up over my fireplace year round, because it was a pain in the butt to put up and it covers up some damage that I choose not to fix right now. Disclaimer complete.

That is pretty much all I have planned to do as far as Fall decor is concerned. Is it December yet??

1 comment:

  1. It looks GREAT!!! I still haven't put up any Fall Decor! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I love to see the creative talent of other fellow bloggers. Hope you to see you again soon :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete