Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Moving into Fall...

Two posts in one day....it's been raining a lot thanks to Tropical Storm Hermine, so I haven't been out much other that to take the kids to and from school.

Texas is super hot and we rarely have a big change of season...it mostly feels like Summer and Sort-of Summer. Once school officially starts, I start to think about Fall. I am honestly in no hurry to get everything in HARVEST-order since it is still 95+ degrees outside, so a little bit everyday is my goal.

Here is my project for the day. I made the glasses early in the morning and while they dried, I started the wreath.
Yep beans, hot glue, and spray paint. :)

What tedious work this is, but it was made so much more enjoyable by the fact that I worked on it while watching my FAVE movie, It's Complicated. It honestly took the whole movie to complete it. But I like it. And I plan on changing the color and the ribbon with each holiday.

Of course, there is no way I will show a picture of my front porch, since as of yet...there is no decor other than this wreath. Beaded pumpkins to come.

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea....thank for sharing, stop by sometime..dejavucrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the perfect color! I love it! Thanks for hooking up to Show and Tell Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I never would have thought of using beans! It looks so perfect for fall. I'm working at our Military Moms booth today at our local Bean Festival. Great job, time consuming, but look at what you have:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have alot of patience!
    It turned out completely amazing and so uniformed.
    No way could I make the lines look that nice.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of your wreath - Super cool! I'll be featuring this tomorrow - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a fabulous week. Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH this is too cute for words! Love it! And believe me I understand the little by little fall color change, I'm in north Dallas so it's still summer in my mind too! Thank you for linking up at All About You Monday, hope you come back next week and join the fun, theme next week is riboon but even if you don't have a ribbon post, any fun project is welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I thought your wreath was ribbon! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that! It is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your “creative mojo” with me on Thrilling Thursday. I hope you will be back again soon :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete