Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day #5...and the beat goes on...

Today began with a Caleb meltdown, and when he is out of sorts, I am out of sorts. But I glanced at my list and chose some things to tackle today. Of course, no sodas, only crisp, clean water for me today.



This morning was the perfect time to hit the grocery store to stock up on our family needs, as well as the final ingredients for my husband's grandparents' 60th anniversary cake that I will be making for the weekend. Pictures to be posted later. While I was at HEB (which I loathe because of the layout and the country music blaring through the speakers), I decided to pick up the last few things I needed for addressing numbers 14 and 20 on THE LIST. From here on out, just know that when I say THE LIST, I mean the 30 things I want to do in the 30 days before I turn 30. Whew, now that that is out of the way...



My friend, Faith, sent me a recipe for Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, and well...you know my motto (Everything is better with bacon!). It looked delicious on paper so it should be delicious in real life, right? So I came home and began to cook. About 15 minutes into the cooking time in the oven, I smelled sauerkraut. Ew. I do not like sauerkraut. I do not like it, Sam I am. Persevere Amber! This may be fantastic. Don't discount perfectly healthy vegetables on smell alone.



Well here it is...



And you know what my 2nd motto is...everything is better with Ranch! Ohmygoodness! It is actually much better than it smells. Nice buttery flavor and a really creamy texture. Maybe I won't use the Ranch at all...well, let's not get hasty. I LOVE brussel sprouts! Mark #20 off THE LIST!



By the way, I have chosen a shade of red in order to accomplish #22, coloring my own hair. I hope it turns out a little darker than the box, because I am hoping to shift to something darker. This will be the project for tomorrow. Come to think of it, I should wait to color my hair on Monday (after the party). Nope, I am feeling adventurous. Que sera, sera!

No comments:

Post a Comment