Friday, April 16, 2010

Day #7.....hopes and trees

Day #7 begins with marking off #17 on THE LIST, writing a letter to my future self. In this letter, I just wanted to be basic and not overly philosophical. There are TONS of things that I would love to have done in the next 15 years. Essentially, it would be very similar to THE LIST, however the items would be bigger, better, more elaborate, etc. But this is not the time to write these down in a letter to myself. Let's just get down to the nitty gritty, shall we?

April 16, 2010

Dear Amber in 2025,

Wow! As of today, you are 29 years old and hopefully not in the prime of your life. I know how scared you are, not of the age, but what it represents. The truth is, I hope you look back at today and say, "That was the best time!" I hope that you are incredibly happy in your life right now.

Here is what is going on as of today: Caleb and Jansen are 7 and almost 5. Josh is working at Dow, and you are a stay-at-home mom that is involved in the kids' schools. Caleb is in the 1st grade, made the reading team, plays soccer, loves Monster Jam and any Mario video game, and is learning more every day. Jansen will be in kindergarten in the fall, has a majorly stubborn attitude, does Kung Fu, and is learning how to read and write. It has been your dream to stay at home with the boys and I am so happy that even if you only did it for a year, at least you did it.

So, you are 45, Josh is 47, Caleb is 22 and Jansen is 20. My hope from 2010 is that the boys are either in college or have graduated college and are happy and healthy. I am so excited to see how they turn out and to see what happens with Caleb. Are the boys friends? Do they live at home? (I hope for their sake they don't.) Do they know what they want out of life? Have they found love? These are all interesting questions that I am dying to have answered.

Where are you now? Are you finally thin? Are you involved with something meaningful? Do you still live in the same house? Are you traveling? Have you finally been to Europe?

Without getting to deep and philosophical, I just want to say that I hope you are in a wonderful stage in your life. I hope that you are making time for yourself with the kids gone. I hope your relationships are full and rewarding. And I hope that life is not marching all over your face.

Love,
29 year-old Amber


Mark off #17

In addition, mark off #7, plant a tree. We are now the proud owners of a Silver Maple, planted in the front yard. My dad is currently nurturing some tree sprouts for us at his house and we have picked out spots for those in our backyard. I am very happy to have some new trees and can't wait to watch them grow. It is so satisfying to look at something so small, that you planted, and watch it grow into maturity. With that in mind, here are my little trees with our new tree..
.







No comments:

Post a Comment