Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cherry and Blueberry Cobbler

This weekend is yet another Texans game, and I am making dessert for this tailgating session.

Um, sweet deliciousness, your name is blueberry. It is probably my favorite fruit flavor. From pancakes to scones, and muffins to bagels...add blueberry to it and it becomes the greatest food ever made. The smell of baking blueberry is just heavenly.

Second to blueberry is its friend, cherry...my boys' favorite flavor. So we split the difference and I made one of each.


This is the easiest and yummiest ever!

Here is what you will need:


  • 1 can of crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix
Dump the can of pineapple in the bottom of a baking pan. Spread the can of pie filling evenly over the top of the pineapple. Cover the top with the dry cake mix. Cut the butter into small thin squares and arrange on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

For the blueberry one, just eliminate the pineapple and then follow the layering directions.

Oh boy, that pineapple is so delicious with the cherry! Straight blueberry is still my fave.

This can be served cold, room temp...but best warm with ice cream!!!!! Heaven in a pan for sure!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!! That looks absolutely perfect and it was so easy!!!!! :D Yum, yum. And, did you notice it's Texans colors? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Blueberry Too! One of my favorite flavors and your certainly looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with my Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!
    Hope you enter my giveaway to win up to $100 in mdf products @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/10/mr-woody-giveaway-win-up-to-100-in.html

    ReplyDelete